Incidents

Ukraine is to blame again: the Kremlin reacted to Trump's statement about progress in ending the war

Share: Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmytro Peskov responded to the statement of the US leader Donald Trump regarding the progress in the settlement of the conflict. According to him, only Kyiv is holding back the peace process. "We don't have any additional details on this," Peskov said in response to questions about Trump's words during a briefing on November 7, as reported by TASS. He accused Ukraine of the fact that the war is still not over.

"The main thing that is currently slowing down the settlement process is the pause that arose due to the reluctance of the Ukrainian side to follow the path of political and diplomatic settlement, and due to the provocation of the Kyiv regime by the Europeans to continue further hostilities," Peskov assured. The Russian spokesman was also asked about the prospects of a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Trump in Budapest. "You can hardly try to predict anything here.

Any predictions will most likely be groundless," he said. Peskov emphasized that the summit at a certain stage will be necessary for both sides. "But this summit must be preceded by very intense, scrupulous expert work," he added. We will remind you that US President Donald Trump said that he wants to end the war in Ukraine, and so far it has not been possible, but there is significant progress. According to him, the parties to the conflict "at some point will wise up and stop it.