USD
41.32 UAH ▼0.14%
EUR
47.88 UAH ▼0.6%
GBP
55.5 UAH ▼0.47%
PLN
11.21 UAH ▼1.15%
CZK
1.95 UAH ▼0.8%
To spread: the number of victims of Russian shelling of Kiev on the night of Aug...

Kiev shelling: The number of victims has increased, about a hundred objects were damaged (photo)

To spread: the number of victims of Russian shelling of Kiev on the night of August 28 increased to 21 people, including four children. Dozens of residents of the capital were injured, search and rescue work on the field of destruction continues. On the night of August 28, Russia attacked Ukraine with 598 drones and about three dozen rockets, including "daggers" and "Iskanders". According to the mayor of Kyiv Vitaliy Klitschko, there are 63 victims, including 11 children.

There are 35 wounded in hospitals, including six children. The head of the Kyiv City Military Administration Timur Tkachenko said that as of 20:45, 21 people were confirmed as a result of Russian attack on Kiev, including four children. He also reported that up to ten people could remain under the rubble of a five -storey building in Darnytskyi district. SES spokeswoman Svetlana Aquarius said in a comment to "Public" that as of 19:00 10 people are considered missing.

Search and rescue work is ongoing. The head of the KMVA Timur Tkachenko reported that the consequences of the night attack were recorded in seven districts of the capital: in total, about 100 objects and thousands of windows were damaged in Kiev. Destruction also suffered a shopping center in the center. Due to the shelling of the Russians, the offices of Radio Liberty and Ukrainian Pravda were damaged.

According to Reuters, the Turkish enterprise and the Azerbaijan Embassy are among the damaged objects. The attack also affected the EU and the United Kingdom in Kiev. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said that the night shelling of Kiev confirms the invariance of aggressive intentions of Russia. According to him, the strikes are directed not only against Ukraine and Europe, but also against all who seek peace in the world.

Zelensky stressed that the Kremlin deliberately chooses rocket attacks instead of real steps to end the war, using terror against civilians as a pressure tool. He stressed that the international community should give a strong and decisive response to this aggression. According to Reuters, the European Commission has stated that two missiles had fallen near the EU Office. "This is another gloomy reminder that has been put on the map.

The Kremlin will not stop in order to terrorize Ukraine," said the President of the European Commission Ursula von Der Lyen. She added that the EU is preparing a 19th package of sanctions against Russia and working on the use of frozen assets of the Russian Federation to support Ukraine. The UK Prime Minister, Kir Starmer, said the shelling had damaged the British Council building in Kiev. "Putin kills children and civilians and sabotges hopes for peace," he wrote on the network X.

According to The Guardian, the UK Foreign Minister David Lammi reported that the Russian ambassador had been summoned to the British Foreign Ministry because of a massive attack on Kiev. According to him, night strikes caused the death of civilians, the destruction of residential buildings and infrastructure damage, including the British Council's office and the European Union representation in the capital of Ukraine. "We have called the Russian ambassador.

The killings and destruction must stop," David Lamma said. According to the Ukrainian military reports, the air defense forces were shot down 563 out of 629 drones and 26 out of 31 rockets launched by Russia during the last attack in Ukraine, on the night of August 27 to August 28. On August 29, the Day of Mourning for the dead was declared in Kiev.